Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Language and Math

I added two new tabs to the top of the page. The majority of questions or concerns I hear from parents looking into Montessori involve how reading and math are taught. These tabs hopefully give a clear enough overview that someone new to Montessori would be able to understand the basic premise of the theory behind learning language and mathematics. These subjects are underrepresented in the blog posts because they are not changed throughout the year like practical life exercises are. I will also be adding a Sensorial tab and a Practical Life tab. Those are also extremely important in the Montessori classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Update: I will have to combine Math and Language into one tab and Sensorial and Practical Life into another. I am at my max for tabs on blogger ;)

    ReplyDelete